- Inspiring and exploring
We aim to inspire people to explore new places, new ideas and new ways of doing things.
Our small dedicated team of staff and associates offer:
- Courses and one-off learning events for adults and families in the outdoors.
- Centre-based courses in range of topics
- Training events to meet needs of staff working in formal and informal learning with adults and families.
- Open and invitation seminars of specific topics
- Consultancy in policy and practice in adult learning
We are a small and responsive outfit so, if you don’t quite see what you want, why not contact us to discuss how we could tailor an event to your needs.
Successful projects 2012-16
We have completed a broad portfolio of work in our first two years of operation.
Use of Open Educational Resources in Adult Community Learning (NIACE)
Research work – Induction Education and Skills – Prison Education (NIACE)
ICT Core curriculum (NIACE + AGE UK)
Keynote speaker ‘Get Online Line Week’ conference Berlin
Anglo Australian arts project – Wirksworth Festival
Education for Sustainable Development conference Derbyshire Eco CentreConsultant to OERup project Open Educational Resources in Adult Education across Europe. 2015-16
Bespoke training events
Moving images – video in Education – ICT Qatar, Manchester City Council
Landscape exploration – Derbyshire Mind
Expedition Leading – World Challenge Ghana July 2013
Trig Point Charlie – Lecture
Schnapps from the Saddle – Lecture
Map Magic outdoor navigation courses